Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco TRG 60 Magnetic Filter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi to everyone. I am a DIY plumber up to a point having been an electrician in the Navy. I will tackle most problems but know my limitations as regards plumbing. But having bought an old house and renovated it try and research a problem and then decide if its for me alone. Thanks

I have a TRG 60 pumped heating gravity fed hot water system and the have just flushed out the system as per my 3 year maintenance which involves taking of all the rads flushing them through and using a chemical flush and drain down after etc.
I now see that these magnetic filters are available and will probably fit one. Not sure which one??
The general advice seems to say that it should be sited on the central heating return after the last rad. Unfortunately this is not physically possible and the next position available is 2 rads back. However Ideally I would like to place the filter on the feed just after the boiler, whilst I realise this would be a no no on for example a gas boiler system, would this be feasible on my system.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
bryn

Thanks for your reply. Looking at Magnafilter Pro 2 I’m concerned that it may effect the flow as it has 2 x right angle bends it the connections. I thought of perhaps the Ideal 22mm Brass Magnetic as it was a straight flow through...........or am I worried about nothing

Thanks for your reply. Looking at Magnafilter Pro 2 I’m concerned that it may effect the flow as it has 2 x right angle bends it the connections. I thought of perhaps the Ideal 22mm Brass Magnetic as it was a straight flow through.....or am I worried about nothing
Adey are the most popular filter because they are good and advertise the most. The features you should look for are strength of the magnet, ease of fitting and servicing and a good non magnetic strainer. I designed 3 filters in the early years but would recommend CentraMag for the 3 reasons above. centralheatking

Reply to Trianco TRG 60 Magnetic Filter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a sound of trickling water through the filter, loud enough to hear quite clearly and is pretty annoying. I wouldn't of thought trapped air would sound...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a worcester 22mm greenstar magnetic filter. The screw lid is seized on and I mean really tight, not sure how this has happened as it wasn't put on really tight but I have removed it from the system and the lid won't budge. Any hidden tips to get this damn thing off? Thank you.
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock