Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco TRG 60 Magnetic Filter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi to everyone. I am a DIY plumber up to a point having been an electrician in the Navy. I will tackle most problems but know my limitations as regards plumbing. But having bought an old house and renovated it try and research a problem and then decide if its for me alone. Thanks

I have a TRG 60 pumped heating gravity fed hot water system and the have just flushed out the system as per my 3 year maintenance which involves taking of all the rads flushing them through and using a chemical flush and drain down after etc.
I now see that these magnetic filters are available and will probably fit one. Not sure which one??
The general advice seems to say that it should be sited on the central heating return after the last rad. Unfortunately this is not physically possible and the next position available is 2 rads back. However Ideally I would like to place the filter on the feed just after the boiler, whilst I realise this would be a no no on for example a gas boiler system, would this be feasible on my system.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
bryn

Thanks for your reply. Looking at Magnafilter Pro 2 I’m concerned that it may effect the flow as it has 2 x right angle bends it the connections. I thought of perhaps the Ideal 22mm Brass Magnetic as it was a straight flow through...........or am I worried about nothing

Thanks for your reply. Looking at Magnafilter Pro 2 I’m concerned that it may effect the flow as it has 2 x right angle bends it the connections. I thought of perhaps the Ideal 22mm Brass Magnetic as it was a straight flow through.....or am I worried about nothing
Adey are the most popular filter because they are good and advertise the most. The features you should look for are strength of the magnet, ease of fitting and servicing and a good non magnetic strainer. I designed 3 filters in the early years but would recommend CentraMag for the 3 reasons above. centralheatking

Reply to Trianco TRG 60 Magnetic Filter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock