Search the forum,

Discuss Combi vs combi with inbuilt storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Glowworm fan but they are creeping back up the respectability table slowly
It is giving 19 lts per min flow rate ,do you need that,will you use it,how many bathrooms do you have,what size house,do you have that flow rate in the property

imho

Hi,

One bathroom with bath and shower mixer and one ensuite with a shower (overhead type). The flow to the bathroom is in 22mm for hot and cold and splits to provide each with 15mm.

I've spoken with a local plumber who says Gloworm are owned by Vaillant and have many of the same internals. What do you folks think of them and are these hot water storage boilers good?

I'm in a similar position and having the same trouble coming to a decision.
House is a large semi-detached - 14 radiators (6 doubles) and 2 thermostatic showers.
Had recommended the Glowworm Ultracom 35 store - 19l/min flow and the vaillant ecotech 937 - 15l/min flow. Will this be enough to have 2 showers going at once?

Also one engineer thought we would be best going for a viessmann vitodens 222-f with 100l of storage. Not sure I need it to be honest but all thoughts would be welcome.

Ewan

Hi,

One bathroom with bath and shower mixer and one ensuite with a shower (overhead type). The flow to the bathroom is in 22mm for hot and cold and splits to provide each with 15mm.

I've spoken with a local plumber who says Gloworm are owned by Vaillant and have many of the same internals. What do you folks think of them and are these hot water storage boilers good?

stick an unvented cylinder in,the 'jones next door' wont be able to top that

agree an unvented or thermal store would be best. If you do go the combi route then fit flow restrictors (6ltrs/min would be good)to the showers inlets and this will help. This all depends on your cold supply of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi vs combi with inbuilt storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock