Discuss combi boiler on a single pipe system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As above, and normally they can't take the pressure

You will get more out of the system if you re pipe it and the efficiently will be better

Ok so it can be done and then at a later date the system can be changed to a two pipe system flow and return. A the moment the disruption would be so big running a dual pipe system Iwanted to know if the boiler packed up could it be done. the boiler at the moment is an Ideal standard Hide away. It has been Fantastic so far but I know it is getting old. It has been moved twice and the gravity hot water is a bit temprimental because of its latest position.

yep the manufacturers dont like it , but they can not demand the system is changed .
The one I have just done is getting altered to a Two pipe ... one day

Is it possible to fit a combi boiler to a single pipe heating system?
Yes it can be done but unless the old boiler isn't working why would you. A one pipe system is only 70% efficient. So there would be no benifit. From memory only Vaillant allow thete boilers to be fitted to a one pipe system.

You could always fit a low loss header, or a plate heat exchanger and leave the old system as open vent but just the boiler as sealed, seen this done on a larger system in a care home

Done one on an oil combia few years back. Not brilliant but works

You could always fit a low loss header, or a plate heat exchanger and leave the old system as open vent but just the boiler as sealed, seen this done on a larger system in a care home

plate would be best if your going down that route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi boiler on a single pipe system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
I think the last discussion was back in 2021. A few questions to guide any discussion. Which are the cheapest to heat over the year, system or...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All I have a single pipe central heating system which was extended 20 years ago when we had an extension. The heating upstairs has never been...
Replies
Views
How many years do these boiler types last? Heat Only System Combi Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock