Discuss Click clack waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howie153

Sorry if this seems trivial but a friend has moved in a new build and has had trouble with basin waste sticking click clack type , the site agent has told her to spray waste with wd 40 is this a recognised practice or just an easy cop out .
cheers howy.

Get. 'em back to fix/change it as new build....proberbly grout from tiler...regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Click Clack wastes are always getting stuck or break. Get them back in and change it for a flip top waste with an o-ring seal. Cant go wrong!

Click Clack wastes are always getting stuck or break. Get them back in and change it for a flip top waste with an o-ring seal. Cant go wrong!

Unless they jam / stick

What's wrong with the good old method plug and chain

Hi Centurion101 and shauncobs , firstly can you give me a bit more info on flip top waste , and plug and chain is no go i think because no hole for chain fixing . cheers howy .

hi Howy

take a look at the photo attached, this is what he means as a flip top.

these can as Shaun says become stuck also. flip waste.jpg

I have never had a Flip top waste with an o-ring ever get stuck. Flip top waste without the o-ring do get stuck when a bit of grit (sand etc) get in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Click clack waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock