Search the forum,

Discuss Click clack waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howie153

Sorry if this seems trivial but a friend has moved in a new build and has had trouble with basin waste sticking click clack type , the site agent has told her to spray waste with wd 40 is this a recognised practice or just an easy cop out .
cheers howy.

Get. 'em back to fix/change it as new build....proberbly grout from tiler...regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Click Clack wastes are always getting stuck or break. Get them back in and change it for a flip top waste with an o-ring seal. Cant go wrong!

Click Clack wastes are always getting stuck or break. Get them back in and change it for a flip top waste with an o-ring seal. Cant go wrong!

Unless they jam / stick

What's wrong with the good old method plug and chain

Hi Centurion101 and shauncobs , firstly can you give me a bit more info on flip top waste , and plug and chain is no go i think because no hole for chain fixing . cheers howy .

hi Howy

take a look at the photo attached, this is what he means as a flip top.

these can as Shaun says become stuck also. flip waste.jpg

I have never had a Flip top waste with an o-ring ever get stuck. Flip top waste without the o-ring do get stuck when a bit of grit (sand etc) get in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Click clack waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking for a basin waste and trap. I know the simple plughole and chain wastes are possibly the easiest to manage with but whats the next best - click clack ones? As to traps - best to stick with the tried and tested S or P or go for a Macvalve...
Replies
Views
I've been trying for about a year to replace two click clack plug bolts. I've tried the smallest one I can find here (number 05 @ Replacement Pop Up Click Clack Waste Plug Bolt Spring Basin Bathtub Bathroom | eBay -...
Replies
Views
Sorry this is a bit long but I need to explain the scenario. My neighbour's soil pipe runs underneath the backyard of my house (where my son, his wife and his 6 year-old daughter now live). It then joins our soil pipe and goes on to the main sewer. They are both 3-storey 5-bedroomed terraced...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Does anyone out there know the best way to release a stuck click clack waste plug when its stuck in the closed position and is there anything which can be done to help prevent it from happening in the future? Thanks to anyone who can help
Replies
Views
Hi, Im hoping someone could give me some advice please. I'm new to this site so please forgive me if I'm posting incorrectly or in the wrong place. I am looking for advice on my neighbours bathroom waste pipe. I'll try to explain this as best as I can. Our neighbours house is set forward from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock