Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss CJT2A CONCEALED 2 FUNCTION THERMOSTATIC SHOWER shower mixer advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handsomejackuk

Currently in the process of installing a new shower in bathroom. and looking at shower mixers concealed or bar mixers...
price must be good..

can anyone recommend what to go for, have been looking at some compbined shower mixers concelaed from ebay are they any good... i know this is difficult to answer but just looking for some uselful advice...

have a 2 inch depth partition to mount bar mixer or concealed mixer will this be enough room to put it in

was looking at this...

CJT2A CONCEALED 2 FUNCTION THERMOSTATIC SHOWER MIXER | eBay

dont really want to be removing this mixer every 5 mins... who is the best in uk with regard to warranty, and parts availbility...? and reliability.... looking for 10 years use at least...plus easy D.I.Y. servicing... pretty handy at that....

Mira, Bristan, I like Aqualisa, any of the big brands will give you better guarantees and access to parts. And imo be a better buy than something off e bay which is an unknown.

Mira, Bristan, I like Aqualisa, any of the big brands will give you better guarantees and access to parts. And imo be a better buy than something off e bay which is an unknown.

cooly, will look them up have heard of mira, but not the other two....

Al..

I fitted one of these in my own house about 4-5 years ago. Never had a single problem. I would recommend them to you.

Only slight fault was the thread that sticks through the wall was a little small to clamp onto. Really easy to get around though and many ways to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
with only having 2 inches in the wall i would fit a bar type shower rather than a concealed one. as there isn't the room for a concealed one.

with only having 2 inches in the wall i would fit a bar type shower rather than a concealed one. as there isn't the room for a concealed one.

Makes sense, as Steveb said, even if you had plenty depth in the wall, why use a built in valve? Some of the surface valves take little room & are easier to fix or replace. Just build in the pipes.

The well known showers are handy for parts, if you can get one at a decent price.

Last edited:
have been searching, and found this...on ebay for £60 does anyone have experience of this ?

Bristan Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower & Kit | eBay

what i wanted to know was do i just need the rear shower plate for this, or a front plate as well.. mounting it on to plasterbaord with upvce panel and a 2 inch depth stud partition... speed fit 15mm running down the wall 150 mm apart...

see links below.

Concealed Bar Mixer Shower Valve Wall Plate Fixing Kit | eBay

Chrome Compression Mounting Bracket for Bar Shower | eBay

hi that shower looks good and either of the two fitting systems you have found will do the job, you don't need both.

Right, think i have sorted the mixer valve going for a Bristan.. mixer valve complete with riser..

what i was looking at also. is a way of diverting feed to a shower. head ceiling mounted. i see that a seperate divertor can be fitted to the bar mixer outlet..and a chrome pipe up the wall with a spray head..but most of these applications look like they turn the bar mixer upside down to allow the feed pipe to go up the wall, i would prefer to keep the mixer the right way up...

is there a neater way of conceling the divertor in the partition, so i can run the feed to the overhead spray in the partintion and ceiling mount the. spray head... i not to keen on having an exposed pipe, running up the wall as i will be making good the ceiling with a panel with inset lights and a shower lite... any thoughts on this....

just an update, i have done it now....bought a divertor from bugfish, for £14, and a rainhead shower sprikler effort for £13 from screwyfix jobs a good un....pipe running up the wall too hidden out of the way..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CJT2A CONCEALED 2 FUNCTION THERMOSTATIC SHOWER shower mixer advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock