Discuss City & Guilds 6189 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BowjeyBoy

Hi,

I am looking to do my course with Able when i return from Afghan.

I am wanting to get into renewable energy but want to have an understanding of plumbing and be registered gas safe first! My plan is:

• Complete the 6189 diploma in plumbing and heating.
  • Complete Level 2 NVQ in Plumbing plus complete my Gas Portfolio (Through a contact i can get placement not a problem)
  • Complete all regulations training training
  • Complete Part P and 17th Edition

• Complete Renewable Engineer Training

• Level 3 Plumbing Course and NVQ

After all these courses and working as many weekends and evenings as i can when i'm back in the uk then i will start my own business in Renewables mainly! with Plumbing and Heating as my secondary!

I have already got plans in where i want to go with this business.

The question i want to ask is with this Diploma the 6189 is it a better Qualification than the 6129? And is this new this diploma. Here is a link to the course i actually want to do.
Any info or help will be great and also what do you think of my plan for gaining the Qualifications

yes the new diploma and yes better than 6129

it replaces the 6089 nvq and old craft cert

Oh ok thanks, So does that mean you don't have to do the level 2 NVQ then!

true as this is the nvq 2. its new name if nvq diploma in plumbing and heating l2
the l3 is the same name but will have different routes, gas, renewables and summat else
suspect most will do gas inititally

Hello everybody

I wanted to know as I am currently working towards 6129 Basic Plumbing Studies Level 2 full-time. I have been told that I can do the 6129 Domestic Plumbing Studies Level 3 full-time 1 year in September. When I have completed that and as there is a new qualification coming soon diploma 6189 - will I still be able to achieve 6089 NVQ Mechanical Engineering Services in Plumbing or will i do 6189 NVQ and will i be allowed to do that ! example 6129 and 6189 diploma :/

thank you

dont need the 6189 and 6089 they are both the nvq, just ones the old one and the others the new one

Hello everybody I've got central heating exam coming up and i wanted help with these questions if there are any wrong please could somebody correct me. thank you

1Aboiler requiring a greater waterflow rate through its heat exchanger than the heating and hot water circuitsrequire, should be fitted with

a) a pressure limiting valve
b) a flow restrictor
c) a pressure reducing valve
d)an automatic bypass valve.

2 To satisfy regulations, the controlsrequired for a fully pumped heating system (hot water
priority) using a zone valvearrangement, consists of

a) two number 2 position divertervalves, time clock, cylinder thermostat, room thermostat
b)3 port valve, programmer, room thermostat, cylinder thermostat, TRVs
c) 2 port valve, time clock, roomthermostat, cylinder thermostat, TRVs
d) 2 port valve, room thermostat,cylinder thermostat.

3 Which one of the following gasboilers overcomes the need for a cold water storage cistern, feed and expansioncistern and hot water storage vessel?

a) Back-boiler.
b) Condensing.
c)Combination.
d) Room-heater

4 If TRVs or zone valves on a systemclose, the purpose of the automatic by-pass valve is to make sure that

a) water can flow through the cylinder
b) air cannot enter the heating system
c) water cannot pump over the vent
d)water can flow through the boiler.

5 The revised Building RegulationsPart L1 require that when fitting a new oil fired heating system, the systemshould be

a) gravity hot water and pumpedheating
b)fully pumped with a boiler interlock
c) heated by combination boiler only
d) installed by CORGI registeredplumbers.

6 On a fully pumped system using a 3port mid-position valve, neither the heating nor hot water can be runindependently. The most likely cause is that the
a) cylinder thermostat is faulty
b) room thermostat is faulty
c)3 port valve is defective
d) pump is running constantly

7In an indirect system of heating and hot water, which includes a cold water storage cistern and a feed and expansion cistern

a) the water level in the feed and expansion cistern should be below that of the cold waterstorage cistern
b) the two cisterns bases should be at equal level
c) the water level in the feed and expansion cistern should be above that of the cold water storage cistern
d) the water levels in the two cisterns should be equal.

8 Before filling a central heating system for the first time, it is advisable to

a) remove all radiators and replace each with a piece of temporary piping
b) turn the pump on to assist with the filling process
c) ensure that all radiator valves are left in the closed position
d) remove the pump (accelerator) and replace with a piece of temporary piping.

9 Which of the following is regarded as best practice when branching a large new radiator circuit into an existing heating circuit in cold weather?

a) Drain the system down as the first action.
b) Branch into the pipework before fitting the radiators.
c) Install the new radiators and pipework runs before branching in.
d) Install the radiators, branch into the pipework and install the new pipework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City & Guilds 6189 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock