Search the forum,

Discuss Chris F's being taken for a mug thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
@croppie to top it all I was working for another firm on a schedule of rates. They wanted me to fit a pump for the following prices :) this is supply and fit.
uty2ana4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: good price for that job?

On the second one down it says supply and fit blah blah £85.....I take it that's just a labour charge for you?

@croppie to top it all I was working for another firm on a schedule of rates. They wanted me to fit a pump for the following prices :) this is supply and fit.
uty2ana4.jpg

Hahhahahahahagaggahahavavagagagagag
:lol:

They are having a laugh?
Surely? ?

Lol no lads that's supply and fit. I told them to stick it.
I'll show you some other crackers :)

Normally see that on a council contract. Then tucked away somewher its 35 quid to change a tap washer. The guy goes in and changes the pump for peanuts and then changes tap washers on the sink, basin, bath and outside tap. Pump change and 7 washers changed for 300 :)

As you can see :) subbing to social housing is a load of crack. Some of these jobs would be 40 mile drives. 12 quid to fit a syphon :)

Pump service and overhaul 15 quid are they barking mad ,,,, the author of that book must have a cannibis tree in his garden me thinks,

Normally see that on a council contract. Then tucked away somewher its 35 quid to change a tap washer. The guy goes in and changes the pump for peanuts and then changes tap washers on the sink, basin, bath and outside tap. Pump change and 7 washers changed for 300 :)

Not on this one mate. It's 4.50 to overhaul a tap.

Pump service and overhaul 15 quid are they barking mad ,,,, the author of that book must have a cannibis tree in his garden me thinks,

Crazy aint it. Beyond ridiculous

Theres just no room for profit there chris im glad you told mr cannibis to stick it ,

Chris the prices there is that what the customer pays or what you wouldve got paid,

@kris what I get paid mate, minus cis , fuel and parts :)

Well im glad your outa there , ive never seen such a rip off in all my days,, i pitty the poor sod whos now doing this, Are u on your own chris ?

Chris f, are you still working for this company on those rates ?

@kris yeah mate on my own.
@blod no mate I told them to stick it 2 days ago. I was only there 2 weeks. I would have been in the poor house. You also had to pay THEM for use of their vans. 140 quid a week.

Apparently this is the norm :) these are the nhf schedule of rates.

oops - just read the whole thread.
Good on you for telling them to stick it !

Do they spec the pumps? Throw a load of Ebay Specials in and run away laughing!!

Worst thing other then the money working for the HA is waiting around for the F.tards to open the door in the morning!

I think you would have too mate to make any money, they told me grundfos and I told them boolax

The other guys they had working were clueless, they sent me to a tribune he cylinder with a trickle of water coming through the ceiling, they said the other engineer couldn't work out what was going on. I got there, the tundish was on the kermit and the cylinder was passing when it got hot and the water was going all over the cupboard floor and leaking through the staircase. The other engineer showed up and tried to pump the hw vessel to 6 bar????? and left, didn't even switch the heating or hw on.
I remade the discharge pipework in about 10 minutes so at least it was passing safely and told them they needed a tprv. They said they would give me 80 quid as there was no unvented in the book and while I was at it could I go next door and fit a pump.

I never said they would be variable I just said fit a load of cheap Ebay tosh and run!

Worst thing other then the money working for the HA is waiting around for the F.tards to open the door in the morning!

True mate. One place I work for deals with women's refuges and kids homes, they can sleep all they like tho I'm paid by the hour 35 notes plus parts :) that's just for plumbing , gas is more and the guarantee me 14 hours a week. So it all helps.

Last edited:

Yeah I've been in a few of the female hostels and found them a strange place to work, at least you are guaranteed something.

Funny you say about them sleeping in Chris, was talking to a plumber mate this morning who arranged a 9am visit for today last night yet when he got there she was still in bed. "Sorry I forgot" she said to him when she eventually opened the door. He wasn`t a happy bunny!

Yeah I've been in a few of the female hostels and found them a strange place to work, at least you are guaranteed something.

Very strange mate. A lot of the women in this one are just trying to jump the council list. They are forever being caught meeting or phoning the dudes they have apparently fled from.

thoses prices are shocking. nhmf rates are what most HA and council QS's have to adhere to. You have to wonder at what point does safety go out the window, id say about 100% ago.

Chris F, you're now my favourite person on this forum because I have to read every post you write in the voice of your avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chris F's being taken for a mug thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock