Discuss Chris F's being taken for a mug thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
@croppie to top it all I was working for another firm on a schedule of rates. They wanted me to fit a pump for the following prices :) this is supply and fit.
uty2ana4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: good price for that job?

Well im glad your outa there , ive never seen such a rip off in all my days,, i pitty the poor sod whos now doing this, Are u on your own chris ?

@kris yeah mate on my own.
@blod no mate I told them to stick it 2 days ago. I was only there 2 weeks. I would have been in the poor house. You also had to pay THEM for use of their vans. 140 quid a week.

oops - just read the whole thread.
Good on you for telling them to stick it !

Worst thing other then the money working for the HA is waiting around for the F.tards to open the door in the morning!

I think you would have too mate to make any money, they told me grundfos and I told them boolax

The other guys they had working were clueless, they sent me to a tribune he cylinder with a trickle of water coming through the ceiling, they said the other engineer couldn't work out what was going on. I got there, the tundish was on the kermit and the cylinder was passing when it got hot and the water was going all over the cupboard floor and leaking through the staircase. The other engineer showed up and tried to pump the hw vessel to 6 bar????? and left, didn't even switch the heating or hw on.
I remade the discharge pipework in about 10 minutes so at least it was passing safely and told them they needed a tprv. They said they would give me 80 quid as there was no unvented in the book and while I was at it could I go next door and fit a pump.

I never said they would be variable I just said fit a load of cheap Ebay tosh and run!

Worst thing other then the money working for the HA is waiting around for the F.tards to open the door in the morning!

True mate. One place I work for deals with women's refuges and kids homes, they can sleep all they like tho I'm paid by the hour 35 notes plus parts :) that's just for plumbing , gas is more and the guarantee me 14 hours a week. So it all helps.

Last edited:

Yeah I've been in a few of the female hostels and found them a strange place to work, at least you are guaranteed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chris F's being taken for a mug thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock