Discuss Cheeky Fecker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpm

I'm sure we've all had calls from customers that want jobs done for nowt,here's an example to start off this week.
Phone rings "Hi mate I'm looking for a price for a job"
"No probs say's me,what do you need doing"
"All it is is cut and cap off gas supply to my gas fire,but it has to be done on saturday morning"
"No probs says me,where are you?"
"Crosby he says"(about 30 minutes from me)
"No probs mate £40"
"What!!! he says £40 just for cutting a pipe?"
"No I reply,£40 for traveling to your house,testing your gas installation,cutting and capping your gas fire,retesting your installation and traveling home"
"Ok mate I don't think I'll bother I'll ring round a few more and let you know"
This is just an example from today I'm sure we all get them
John

You'd think he could do it himself if he knows how much it should be! Some people want it all for nothing.

You'd think he could do it himself if he knows how much it should be! Some people want it all for nothing.
Had a rather sheepih call today "Hi mate we spoke yesterday about cutting a pipe,can you do it for me on Saturday please?"
"Sorry mate only do one job on a Saturday and I've booked it now,I can fit you in Friday afternoon(when I'm actually over that way on a shower job)Other than that it'; would be next weekend"
"Ok mate sound I'll see you Friday then,I'll have to take the afternoon off"
Clever some people eh?

Nice result though....don't forget to smile as you get paid..lol lol..

Another bit of nice work by the IT people :(
The forum can be seen and read by all members and non members :eek:
Just signed out,used my main computor and note book,while signed out and the pub posts all come up to read
Back to the drawning board,will just have a quick half before I go :)

OOPs sorry about that lads...all sorted now....safe as houses..lol..

I think £40 was cheap. By the time you've travelled 30 minutes each way 30 minutes doing the job (if its as easy as your told it is), diesel cost of insurance etc. I think its a bargain.

I think £40 was cheap. By the time you've travelled 30 minutes each way 30 minutes doing the job (if its as easy as your told it is), diesel cost of insurance etc. I think its a bargain.
I thought that too,£55 is my normal minimum supplying a few bit's ball valve ect but on the little job's I sometimes find you often get the big job's.For example I was once called to an Indian ladies house at 7.30pm to clear an airlock in dhw.Bridged main between h&c washing machine valves.Sorted 10 minutes free of charge madam I said.Had a few k's worth from that from her family over the years.There is an awful lot to be said for doing"simple"job's cheaply.

I always try to do a job a bit 'cheaper' for Senior Citizens. As you say, you can often get the bigger job, plus the recommendations and it makes me feel good too. Like everyone lese I expect, I really detest the 'el cheapo' customer. I'm always happy to quote coz it's a chance to leave the businesses contact details, but If there is a real struggle on price, I will walk away these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cheeky Fecker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock