Discuss Checking internal burner seals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How does everyone do this?

On which boilers? Some don't require it on every service, some require them to be checked, some require them to be replaced if checked.

More in relation to after checking/replacing. Like everytime i put a door case back on i run smoke matches round it to check for problems.

More in relation to after checking/replacing. Like everytime i put a door case back on i run smoke matches round it to check for problems.

I use matches too, plus use my FGA and if those two things are spot on then I'm happy and good to go :)

Bit tricky on internal seals though while the fans running full pelt 5 inches away

ive wondered if you could stick a smoke pellet into the air intake to check seals without disturbing or would it upset the fan /mixture ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checking internal burner seals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got some quotes for a service, one person has said if I haven't had the burner seal replaced for past 5 years, it should be done (& service price...
Replies
Views
Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just wanted to check if I can seal the gap between pipes with foam or silicone or by any other method. Thanks šŸ˜Š
Replies
Views
What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Back