Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Chasing owed monies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

I did a bit for a letting agents and they still owe me £1200 they seem to be dragging their feet how do I stand legally if they don't pay

As above small claims court , just had one who was being a bit of a muppet threatened court and he paid.

How long were their payment terms?

Most sharks, I mean letting agents I used to do work for were 45 days after invoice, one was even 60 days.

I should have been more careful and asked them for terms. A plumber I have mot seen for ages did work for them and got ill so I stood in for him. I just had enough of the rubbish I had to look at so told them I can't do it anymore

What I did when I had a builder not pay me was sent them a letter recorded delivery stating that you want payment within 7 days failure to do so will incur charges in line with the government late payments between businesses and it I will start the process to take this through the court which will incur further costs.

They paid within 2 days.

Letter ready for post tomorrow. How do I go about the next step of small claims

I just like to turn up on their door ''hiya''

Yes, wait until they are entertaining a few quests and arrive in the middle of it unexpectedly at their door with the bill opened in your hand. They'll usually want you away nice and quietly.

update I sent recorded delivery as advised .stating I will be adding intrest if the invoices are not settled in 7 days then I will start small claims. come home to an email. they have transferred £300 which now makes it £900 they owe me how do I stand now as small claims is above £1000

that may be why they have made that payment, but stinks if that's the case

If they are paying then I'd make a decision

Go to small claims

Or

Wait for rest of owed money.

Have you been in to see them? What's the issue with paying you?

I know agents pay invoices from received rent on the specific property. If tenants are late or don't pay it has a knock on effect.

I did agents for a year, was busy but payments were sporadic but I always got paid as I used to to go in the office.

I know 2 agents in Slough area who spent rents & deposits before the deposit scheme

Greed. They had good businesses but got greedy & all of a sudden 100 properties deposits are spent & the spiral down begins.

I think at this stage I would loose my temper, I'd go round there and just say im here for my money and just sit there and be a nuisance, not kick off as such but just sit down and stare at them until paid.

If they want to call the police by all means....

update I sent recorded delivery as advised .stating I will be adding intrest if the invoices are not settled in 7 days then I will start small claims. come home to an email. they have transferred £300 which now makes it £900 they owe me how do I stand now as small claims is above £1000

Small Claims courts rules can vary across the 4 regions of UK, but I know you could certainly go to small claims disputes of just a few hundred claim here.
Surely if it was true it had to be above £1000 for any claim, then anyone could just fail to pay any tradesperson whose bill was less?

I think at this stage I would loose my temper, I'd go round there and just say im here for my money and just sit there and be a nuisance, not kick off as such but just sit down and stare at them until paid.

Yes, a visit in person is needed.

No shouting or threats but you want your payment

Stand in the street outside their office with a big sign saying they refuse to pay their bills.
Ask everyone that try's to enter the building if they are also owed money by that company.
They can't do anything on you if you are telling the truth.

Are you sure?

I know a mechy firm that had payment issues with a builder and they went up their office and at 8 a.m and just sat in there all day doing the dom jolly IM ON THE PHONE in the office lol

Just done some checking, and as far as I can tell, there is no lower limit. Press on with the small claims court process.

Stand in the street outside their office with a big sign saying they refuse to pay their bills.
Ask everyone that try's to enter the building if they are also owed money by that company.
They can't do anything on you if you are telling the truth.

I'm not wasting my time making a big sign, I think sitting there menacingly silent, eyeballing them for a few hours will do them trick...what are they going to do, physically edject you?
When customers come in I'd say politely to them sorry im just waiting to be paid.

If they own thier property, and its over 750 owed. Why not petition for bankruptcy order.
They will **** thier pants when that drops through the letterbox

Surprised. Surely the payment for the work shouldn't be too difficult of far away. When I was doing work for a letting agents a few years ago. Every time I had got paid. But always was a little delayed. And every client was a bathroom sink or a toilet being vandalised over rent payment. The tenants were always explaining how it happened. Then go on able extortion in renting from them.

They lay there hands on me its assault.

It probably is but it wont stop them getting rid of you. If somebody walked into my house when I was watching the latest episode of Towie, Id be forcing them out sharpish before I missed the best bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chasing owed monies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been working for myself for around 2 years now and I have started doing work for bathroom shower in Glasgow. It worked great...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock