Search the forum,

Discuss channelling pipework in walls connecting to a central valve head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gibbi

Hi all,

I've purchased 3 x vertical rads (H:1800mm x 600mm). I couldn't stand looking at the surface mounted pipes running from ceiling to floor, so I decided to bury the pipework into the walls.
I was advised to channel out a chase around 20/25mm in the wall, which I have done, this chase runs down the centre of where the radiator will be sited.
I was told to cover the pipes with celafelt 15mm/22mm pipe lagging and to hold them in place with a flattened piece of copper nailed into the block wall
I noticed that when I connected the central valve set to the rad, that the pipe tails (only 15mm in length), have to be exactly 50mm centre to centre and in line with the central valve.
I'm concerned that when the plasterer covers the pipework, and I replace the rad, that the pipe tails might move, even if it's only a fraction, they then won't line up with the central valve.
Would it be a better solution, to just cover the pipe runs with celafelt lagging and then cover the pipes, with PVC channel and leave the tails clear so at least there will be some movement when the plaster has dried? One problem is that the two 15mm pipe side by side (when connected to the central valve), are 75mm, is there an 80mm PVC channel?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I will obviously sort something out over time but any short-cuts would be great

Regards

George

Get a small piece of wood ( ply MDF pine ) drill two 15 mm holes at the centres you require and slip over the pipe ends.
This will hold the centres you need. Sometimes you can even screw th wood to the scerting board to keep your levels. Excuse my spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to channelling pipework in walls connecting to a central valve head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock