Search the forum,

Discuss channelling pipework in walls connecting to a central valve head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gibbi

Hi all,

I've purchased 3 x vertical rads (H:1800mm x 600mm). I couldn't stand looking at the surface mounted pipes running from ceiling to floor, so I decided to bury the pipework into the walls.
I was advised to channel out a chase around 20/25mm in the wall, which I have done, this chase runs down the centre of where the radiator will be sited.
I was told to cover the pipes with celafelt 15mm/22mm pipe lagging and to hold them in place with a flattened piece of copper nailed into the block wall
I noticed that when I connected the central valve set to the rad, that the pipe tails (only 15mm in length), have to be exactly 50mm centre to centre and in line with the central valve.
I'm concerned that when the plasterer covers the pipework, and I replace the rad, that the pipe tails might move, even if it's only a fraction, they then won't line up with the central valve.
Would it be a better solution, to just cover the pipe runs with celafelt lagging and then cover the pipes, with PVC channel and leave the tails clear so at least there will be some movement when the plaster has dried? One problem is that the two 15mm pipe side by side (when connected to the central valve), are 75mm, is there an 80mm PVC channel?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I will obviously sort something out over time but any short-cuts would be great

Regards

George

Get a small piece of wood ( ply MDF pine ) drill two 15 mm holes at the centres you require and slip over the pipe ends.
This will hold the centres you need. Sometimes you can even screw th wood to the scerting board to keep your levels. Excuse my spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to channelling pipework in walls connecting to a central valve head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible for the 15mm nut and olive to attach to take the radiator valve. As you can see they are installed before nut and olive. I've ordered a black towel...
Replies
Views
M
Hi.I have 6 caste iron rads and want to connect them all the lines are in with the stubs sticking out of the wall. There are two manifolds down stairs each with 6 pipes each so it looks like each rad has a flow and return. From the manifolds 2 pipes go back to a baxi gas boiler . What valves...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock