Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss centre piped radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used them but recon they would be easier on new build. Joiners could surely measure 50mm or whatever centres without too much thinking.

no different, never used them but can't imagine them being any more difficult,

However I would be cautious of wether they heat correctly or not and would they get blocked over time with sludge.

Only other issue I would envisage is that they may not be able to be centre of a wall due to joists i.e. so would need to be quite a way out, where as the others can be slightly out if there is a joist.

yes the pipe spacing should be simplified, one spacing throughout building. I'm just not sure how it will work with TRV down below the rad, maybe it will be ok?

Is there any other type of TValve that would work in the upper ports

Wouldn't entertain the idea myself. Likely to get sludged up and as you say the TRV wont work properly

i fitted some like this a few years ago and thewater still went in each end via a pipe welded on the back
id think they would be good for a new build easier to first fix

They're becoming ever more popular on new build. Basically utilising plastic 10mm pipe, which is first fixed to the centre of each rad location. Its then easily bent to the F&R in the centre and still looks really neat.

Horrible idea. Small rads' in these small builds are not stable as no pipework is holding them ridgid.

We'll all get used to these before long, as they're going into lots of modern flats/houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to centre piped radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock