Discuss Central Heating Exam Questions NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gavin2008

Just take one of my NVQ exams not sure how I did. Could do with some help with the answers to these questions if anyone can shed some light on them. I know there are lots of answers but the questions I have are multiple choice. So please pick from the ones below. Thanks for the help.

Q. where would you find the wiring diagram for a fully pumped system?

A. Manufacturers instructions or the building regs?

Q. When the hot water is running some radiators are heating up. Is there
a problem with.....

A. The pump or the valve?

Q. The pressure test is 1.5 times the working pressure but for how long?

A. 30 mins / 60 mins or 90 mins?

Q. How do you remove flux from the system?

A. Get the system up to working temp then drain down?
Turn the stat up to full or put the corrosion inhibitor in the f & e tank?

im revising central heating and i want to see if i got these questions right please could u have ago thanks

1 Theconnection of an open vent pipe and a cold feed pipe, can be made to a fullypumped system using

a)an automatic air vent

b)an injector tee
c)an air separator
d) adiverter valve.

6 Azone valve in a pumped heating circuit is designed to

a)isolate the circuit when the desired temperature is reached
b)permit the system to be heated to temperatures above 100°C
c)stop the pump vibrating on its fixing mountings
d)prevent water from the flow and return pipes mixing.

10With reference to hot water heating, an injector tee would be used where

a) areturn pipe from a gravity fed cylinder and a return pipe from a pumped heatingcircuit are combined
b) acommon cold feed separates to feed the hot water storage cylinder and theheating pipework
c) aflow pipe from a cylinder and a flow pipe from a heating circuit are combined
d)the secondary open vent pipe and the primary open vent pipe are combined.

11 Amid position diverter valve

a)provides priority circulation to the hot water circuit
b)provides priority circulation to the heating circuit
c)feeds both the hot water and heating circuits simultaneously
d)is used to discharge water from the system if it overheats.

12When fitting thermostatic radiator valves, a general principle to follow isthat

a)all radiators should be fitted with thermostatic radiator valves
b)at least one radiator should be fitted without a thermostatic radiator valve
c)only radiators on a dwelling’s first floor should be fitted with thermostaticradiator valves
d)only radiators on a dwelling’s ground floor should be fitted with thermostaticradiator valves.

17In a combined hot water and central heating system, including a feed andexpansion cisternwith gravity primaries and pumped heating circuits, the

a)warning pipe to the F & E cistern may be connected to that of the cold waterstorage cistern
b)water level in the F & E cistern must be adjusted to 100 mm below the floatvalve whatever the
finallevel
c)water level in the feed and expansion cistern should be set to allow sufficientroom for thermal
expansion
d)open vent pipe for the primary circuit may be connected into the secondarycircuit.

20Which one of the following assists in the removal of flux from heating systemspipework?

a)Hot flushing a system as part of the commissioning process.
b)Adding soap solution to the system after testing.
c)Setting the working system temperature above 60ºC.
d)Installing all pipes with a fall away from the drain valves.

I hope this helps :) if there are any wrong will/could you correct them thanks
1) A
6) A
10) B
11) C
12) A
17) C
20) A

Well mate, I don't just want to give you all the answers as that won't teach you anything. Which ones are you not sure about?

Another thread that you're asking for answers to your questions...

Get your head in your books / course notes - us answering your questions won't teach you anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Exam Questions NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock