Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone recommend.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
horror of horrors I've had to dip my toe back in the bathroom market as a very good customer of mine has asked if I can do theirs. They want all singing all dancing bells and whistles so at least it should be interesting doing something rather bespoke.

Anyway i I will be having to build a stud wall and bring a wall out by about 5 inches in order to hide a load of pipework. This is going to involve a lot of wood cutting. Just wondered if anyone could recommend a cheap corded or cordless mitre saw to make the job a little quicker. I suspect once used this will not come out again for a while so doesn't need to be anything spectacular.

Doesnt have to be the best brand as long as it cuts nice and square. Any recommendations gratefully received. I I saw that poofix had a couple of deals. Didn't know if these were any good http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/evolution-rage3b2102-210mm-compound-mitre-saw-230v/20332

cheers peeps

this is a good one with

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/evolution-rage3-fp2552-255mm-compound-mitre-saw-230v/26612

its got a laser as well which helps depends how big timber your looking to cut

Cheers Shaun I'd say mostly 2x4 but quite a lot of it. Laser isn't a bad shout either. It's the same brand as the one the link I included. Are they reasonable??? I'm assuming low end budget???

this is a good one with

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/evolution-rage3-fp2552-255mm-compound-mitre-saw-230v/26612

its got a laser as well which helps depends how big timber your looking to cut

I have this one. Spot on for studwork etc.

Two votes from chaps we trust so can't be too shoddy

I have the Evo rage 3 and is a good saw, although I'm slightly annoyed they only work with their own blades due to bore size.

Perfect saw for a bathroom fitter though, the blades last ages anyway.

Thanks Phil as I say. Not for regular use but something to bring out for multiple cuts on a larger job

Ive got the evo rage, great saw, it stays in the van and comes out for any cutting, I'm crap trying to cut wood square with a hand saw, in fact I'm probably the worlds best at circles especially trying to follow a straight line.
The rage blade even cuts metal and plastic.

Last edited:
Nice one. Think that I'm sold

plus one for the evolution compound mitre saw, i have one for stud work cutting and a £70 chop saw for cutting down scrap tube to fit in an old cistern more easily.

Ive got this one on the van all the time for cutting trim and 3x2
Evolution RAGE3B2102 210mm Compound Mitre Saw 230V | Compound Mitre Saws | NoLinkingToThis at £50 you can't complain
Its accurate enough for framing and I've even used it for trim once set up correctly
With the multi use blade I use it for everything even cutting waste pipe if its already out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone recommend.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock