Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Busy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just wondered how busy everyone is?

I'm booked up untill January here, squeezing small jobs in Saturdays and evenings.

Last edited:
Strange, I just wish it was steady all year, I'm trying to make up for all those empty diary entries Jan/Feb/March this year.

Got a few of my own jobs lined up (i work full time for a local HA as well as my own business) problem is ive been off sick for 2 weeks now with an awful chest infection and flu. Its times like these that im so grateful to be employed rather than full time self employed. cough cough

Been unemployed for 8 weeks, can't find any companies hiring in London, no chance of employed work at all, they're hiding from me but I just priced a job up and waitiing for quote to go through and hopefully will be subbying in two weeks for a big project in Kent which should last. Been mind numbingly boring though.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes its quite busy my end!will be busier after xmas

i have a condensing boiler, which is heating all the rads in the house and is mains fed! the problem im having is that the water both cold and hot are not getting up to the bathroom and the water light on the valiant boiler is not on! does anybody know what the problem is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good till end of feb/start of march. Could possibly even a half of next year booked if one big job comes in, fingers are crossed. Me dad rang me regarding news about plumbing merchants still doing poor trade. I was surprised, as I assumed that since august, my way at least, things had picked up. The newspapers were saying plumbing merchants are an ecnomic beacon, the poor showing doesn't bode well for the coming months nor does it tally with recent recovery indicators.

just sorted myself out to last untill january with a couple of bath fits combi install some insurance work and a few bits.
could do with a few more bits tho to fill in gaps.:)

dead here

1 call in two weeks from yellow pages/thompson local/ internet.

just applied for bathroom fitters job and will take there hands off if offered. cant do anymore as in trying to create work. out every spare moment (of which theres queit a few) leafleting, putting name about etc.

my bruv lives in coventry and has been fully booked for ten years, and now is having 1-2 days mon-fri with nothing. thats scary.

Sorry to hear that mate, things will improve I know the feeling of trudging around in the rain geting flyers out and seeing other plumbers doing bathroom jobs and rushing around. "Oy I could have had that job" :(

The news about plumbers merchants and poor sales, if they did something with their prices then maybe I'd shop there more, PTS are okay but all the others round here only see me if I'm stuck for something as I feel robbed everytime they tell me the grand total.

How much!! :eek:

I am finding that some weeks it's mega busy :D, then other weeks quiet :(. Is picking up now, and will be better next year hopefully!

After whinging the other day, I have a little work come in to help me out up until Christmas.

Managed to get the old man some work off the back of it too, so will be expecting big pressies this Christmas!!

A few of the lads have fallen by the wayside locally (last in - first out).

Noticed a few new business start-ups after people have been laid off. New vans about. Difficult time to start and not have all your existing customers though.

The established lads are booking well into next year.

I have had a up and down year, when im busy on a bathroom refits I am turning down small jobs, then when im quiet i could do with the small jobs, as for the industry picking up, thats rubbish, local Grahams has gone, also Q bathrooms gone and Plumbase who I use a lot are downsizing staff, so it's not good, having said that I have been ticking over so nothing yet to get to worried about. I think next year things will really pick up as we must have bottomed out now. Good luck to all for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Busy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock