Discuss Boiler sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

everflow09

hi all.
what method does anyone use for boiler sizing?any hints or tips out there.

i have alwys used the whole house method - long winded

Measure rooms individually. Times 45 divide by 1000 (or times 0.045). Add them all up. Add say 2Kw for hot water. Add a little more for luck. Then find a boiler to suit. Simples!!

2.5m long x 3.0m wide x 2.5m tall = 18.75 times 45 divided by 1000 = 0.844Kw. Should have a 0.844Kw (or say 1Kw) radiator.

Doesn't take too long to do this. Then when you get more experience you just stick to one make of boiler and know which model to install without having to measure all the rooms.

room size in ft, Lx B x H x 5/3412 = kw requirement for each room, 2-3 kw for a cylinder if req'd, not very accurate but close enough, who has time to do a 3hr quote for these kind of jobs

i have always used the whole house method - long winded
Say 10 minutes at the most; and much quicker than having to measure each room if all you are doing is sizing the boiler.

Where does the multiplier of 0.045 come from?

Depending on the construction of the house and the amount of insulation, the heating requirement for the room mentioned can range from 500W to nearly 2000W.

No idea where 0.045 comes from. Was told that one and to use 0.040 for a warm/well insulated room/no outside walls etc or 0.050 for a cold room ie no insulation, large windows, outside walls etc. All I know it's a reasonably accurate formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back