• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Boiler overheating High Temps in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossy007

Reaction score
I have a overheating issue very few days with my boiler when the UFH is on have to reset CH and HW all working perfect. My UFH is polypipe with a Baxi boiler. I have had a baxi engineer out to look at the boiler who has advised that the UFH needs balancing as the heat from boiler is not dispersin. I have also been advised that maybe installing a pipe thermostat on the return flow pipe. I am a complete novice guys. Any help is appreciated. Quick pick of manifold attached.

A004516D-BBBE-4B1F-9A62-978450DBB673.jpeg

Chalked

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
When your boiler fires. The heads on the manifold have not opened. The boiler has nowhere to pump , so overheats. An auto bypass will allow the flow of water to be continuous.
Modern manifold controls have a delay timer, to allow the heads to open before the boiler and pump kick in. The heads can take 5 minutes to open.

OP
M

Mossy007

Reaction score
When your boiler fires. The heads on the manifold have not opened. The boiler has nowhere to pump , so overheats. An auto bypass will allow the flow of water to be continuous.
Modern manifold controls have a delay timer, to allow the heads to open before the boiler and pump kick in. The heads can take 5 minutes to open.
Can you please advise if this is something I can do myself? Sounds like I need a plumber out to sort it out is this correct? Thanks in advance

Chalked

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Does the underfloor work ok? As polypipe thermostatic mixing valves are renowned for sticking.
The system would need looking at to determine if a bypass would cure your problem.
Where are you based? There might be someone on here who could help.

OP
M

Mossy007

Reaction score
Does the underfloor work ok? As polypipe thermostatic mixing valves are renowned for sticking.
The system would need looking at to determine if a bypass would cure your problem.
Where are you based? There might be someone on here who could help.
The underfloor works but I’ve never thought it had worked to its potential and now I’m getting the overheat issues. I am based in Preston. If you can get someone that would be marvellous. Thank you

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I would say your boiler can't modulate down to a low kw eg just enough for the underfloor heating so it's just overheating

Does it work with let's say hot water on and your underfloor

OP
M

Mossy007

Reaction score
I would say your boiler can't modulate down to a low kw eg just enough for the underfloor heating so it's just overheating

Does it work with let's say hot water on and your underfloor
Yes it works when hot water is on. The temps on boiler are fine when CH and hot water are on 60-70. When underfloor fires up temp goes up to 90

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Do you know the heat load of your under floor eg every circuit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes