Plumbase Christmastime
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Boiler not turning off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumbase - Special Offers and Perks on Plumbing Deals
Hi there I've got a Valliant echo plus 28 combi boiler and what I've noticed is that when I set the thermostat target to say 20 it keeps on going( not everytime tho) I changed the stat to a nest thinking that might be the problem but noticed that again when I set it to 20 I would look an hour later (when feeling hot) and target temp changed to 24. Thanks

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
When you installed the Nest did you re-wire or just swap the existing wires over. Are you using OpenTherm with the Nest as not sure if your Boiler supports it.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Could have the stat link still in. Get your electrician back, or a Registered Gas Engineer. As the case will need removing.

So that would indicate a wiring issue with the stat or a faulty boiler controller. Did he re-wire the stat or use the existing wiring.
He re-wired the stat
Could have the stat link still in. Get your electrician back, or a Registered Gas Engineer. As the case will need removing.
H thanks for replying but the heating system has been fine for the last 7 years, started playing up in the spring so changed over to nest and still having probs

Reply to Boiler not turning off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor