Discuss Boiler not turning off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there I've got a Valliant echo plus 28 combi boiler and what I've noticed is that when I set the thermostat target to say 20 it keeps on going( not everytime tho) I changed the stat to a nest thinking that might be the problem but noticed that again when I set it to 20 I would look an hour later (when feeling hot) and target temp changed to 24. Thanks

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reaction score
When you installed the Nest did you re-wire or just swap the existing wires over. Are you using OpenTherm with the Nest as not sure if your Boiler supports it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Had an electrician to do the nest but has I said I was getting the problem before I had nest installed

Reaction score
Had an electrician to do the nest but has I said I was getting the problem before I had nest installed
So that would indicate a wiring issue with the stat or a faulty boiler controller. Did he re-wire the stat or use the existing wiring.

Chalked

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Could have the stat link still in. Get your electrician back, or a Registered Gas Engineer. As the case will need removing.

OP
S
Reaction score
So that would indicate a wiring issue with the stat or a faulty boiler controller. Did he re-wire the stat or use the existing wiring.
He re-wired the stat
Could have the stat link still in. Get your electrician back, or a Registered Gas Engineer. As the case will need removing.
H thanks for replying but the heating system has been fine for the last 7 years, started playing up in the spring so changed over to nest and still having probs

Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Latest Plumbing Advice

Top Bottom