Discuss Boiler Gas flue pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sally123

If the gas fitter failed to secure the boiler gas flue pipe joints with screws , would this be classed as an AR (at risk) or NTCS (not to current standards) defect?

Also if the gas fitter used the wrong gas flue pipe system and used a gas flue externally that was only made to be used internally, it never had approval to be used outside so was incorrectly installed. The boiler company said there was a risk the metal could corrode through being used externally.
Would this defect be classed as AR or NTCS?
Many Thanks.

You can not install not to current standards. So it will be AR.

You a gsr Sally?

If your name was sam and not sally croppie would have closed this thread

Thought I had to be honest!

Sorry Sally but that's as much info as we can give to a non gsr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Gas flue pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oily smell from boiler recently before failed. Great plumber sorted though when opened external baffle at front of sealed flue the internal spring...
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back