Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm Micron 30FF Flue? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm horizontal flue right?

I mean when a bg gas engineer tells you that you'll have to change the whole boiler as well because you can apparently no longer get the flue that just sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.

Any help would be great...

Just to say, revyour comment about "there must be other flues that would fit", no registered gas engineer would want to fit a non original manufacturers part, so even if there was another flue about the same size, it would not be legit to fit it.

Just to say, revyour comment about "there must be other flues that would fit", no registered gas engineer would want to fit a non original manufacturers part, so even if there was another flue about the same size, it would not be legit to fit it.

I bet they wouldn’t especially if it’s a British Gas engineer, they just wanna sell you a whole new package and feed you any old bull. I’d fit it myself it’s only a flue so long as it’s the same size and sealed!

I’d fit it myself it’s only a flue so long as it’s the same size and sealed!
It has to be the flue designed, manufactured and tested for the specific model.
If the flue is said to be obsolete then that suggests that the boiler manufacturer doesn't currently make any other flue suitable for use with that boiler.

The only chance of getting the correct flue would be if a supplier has old stock.
As above no Registered engineer would fit a flue not specifically made for that boiler.

Can I ask what’s the problem with the existing flue ?

It has to be the flue designed, manufactured and tested for the specific model.
If the flue is said to be obsolete then that suggests that the boiler manufacturer doesn't currently make any other flue suitable for use with that boiler.

The only chance of getting the correct flue would be if a supplier has old stock.
As above no Registered engineer would fit a flue not specifically made for that boiler.

I’ll make one, it’s basically only two bits of thin tube one inside of the other…

Reply to Glow Worm Micron 30FF Flue? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock