Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Constantly Heats CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laddie79

Hi,

I am having an issue with my Flexicom 24cx boiler working with my CH.

Whenever I want my heating on, I set the burn temp to around 75C. The room will reach the desired temperature but instead of the boiler knocking off, it constantly heats and makes the room hotter than desired.

When I want the heating to turn off, regardless of what I do with the thermostat, the heating continues regardless meaning the radiators are constantly on even when there is no demand for heat. Therefore, the only way to turn the heating of is to turn it off directly on the boiler which means I cannot programme the thermostat for mornings/evenings (I have a Nest thermostat) as the CH is off.

I've been in my house 8 months and this has always been the case, whether the previous owner wired incorrectly or not I don't know. It's just getting slightly irritating as if we want the house warm in the morning, it would have to be running throughout the night.

I hope that's all clear and thanks for any help you can give.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Constantly Heats CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved into a house that has a Worcester oil fired boiler, when powered up it burns constantly even when the heat setting is off and no hot water running, is this normal ?? Don’t know how old it is and waiting documents to be returned from the Soliciters to see what service...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock