Discuss Bizarre behaviour... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Samantha Kell

Hi,

I am new to the forum and really need some help.

I have a Ferroli combi boiler and a Hoover Ultracare 1500c hot-fill washing machine. Basically when the central heating isn't on (and sometimes when it is) and I use the washing machine, there is no hot water from the taps and the boiler trips and needs to be reset. I have had two people service my boiler in the last 18months and there are no apparent faults. It has been suggested that this is happening because the washer is hot-fill, but no-one is sure.One guy even said it was an electrical fault and something to do with the house wiring.

This is getting to be a very annoying problem for myself and my lodger, as the boiler is in her loft room and she is getting a bit sick of having to reset it at all hours of the day and night!

Please help! :confused:

Sam

Shouldn't make any difference whether your washing machine is hot fill or not.

Do you mean that you get no hot water from the taps because the boiler has tripped or does this happen before it trips?

Do you have to reset any circuit breakers on your consumer unit? If so it suggests an electrical fault somewhere.

Last edited:
i would of thought electrical too. i would check polarity of both appliances, and earth leakage on washmachine. this would only hold true if both appliances are on the same ring.
call a sparks in - not a plumber

Thank you for the prompt replies. :)

I am not sure which happens first, as the boiler is in the loft and the washing machine is in the kitchen it is kind of hard to check.

Thanks for your advice - I will call an electrician, although will an electrician be able to sort it out if the problem is connected to the boiler as well?

An electrician should be able to find basic faults on boilers. Perhaps get your boilerman and electrician in, both at the same time? At least with two people they can be in two different places at the same time.

An electrician should be able to find basic faults on boilers. Perhaps get your boilerman and electrician in, both at the same time? At least with two people they can be in two different places at the same time.

And twice the price! Definitely sounds like electrics to me...

Thanks for all that advice. I will get an electrician in and let you all know the outcome - in case anyone ever has the same problem! :)

Nearly twice the price - plumbers are cheaper than electricians!

:)

But if we're convinced it's electrical then no need for a plumber of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bizarre behaviour... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock