Discuss Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think they have yet to make the ultimate knee pad! Iv tried;
All foam type ones - wear down to nothing where your kneeling :(
Red backs - okay, but the trousers weigh a ton in the morning, too bulky!
Snickers floor layers - pretty good, but really bulky, like smuggling pillows in your knee pad pockets :(
I now wear no knee pads & use a small kneeling mat or a larger one on jobs where I'm working in front of a boiler etc.

Love my floor layers. Best investment I've made in my long term health. You get used to them after a while wear them every work day without fail. Which is odd seeing as I'm a window cleaner

Is that the ones like bean bags lol

I've found the critical thing to look out for with strap-on knee pads is the material and positioning of the actual strap.

It has to be a single stretchy strap and postioned at the bottom rear end of the pad (where it can sit on top of the calf instead of bunching at the back of the knee), other than that I don't care what they're made from but I quite like these atm, think they are made by Nailers.

[DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Heavy-Duty-Knee-Pads-Black/p/186922"]Wickes Heavy Duty Knee Pads Black | Wickes.co.uk[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying the red backs at the moment in my snickers. They are good but a little small and a bit too heavy to stay where I want them in the knee pocket. Could do with being longer really it's easy to miss them as you kneel.

well with this warm weather the weight of the redback in pocket pulls the unit below the knee then when going up steps several times now its hooked under the knee and I have gone flying. I think they are more suited to top loading trousers . mine are bottom and they keep ripping the Velcro open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Greetings, esteemed community members, I find myself in possession of a remote and highly inaccessible plot of land, devoid of any utilities. On...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming...
Replies
Views
Further to my post back in 2011 regarding a Monza 28 which was bought from B & Q eventually for £549. It's been in our rented flat for coming up...
Replies
Views
23 rads and one kitchen hot water supply plus two basins in toilets. Had an old Concorde system boiler which gave up. Two zones supplying two...
Replies
Views
Back