Search the forum,

Discuss Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i was wondering if any one could recommend a quality pair of knee pads, as the company i work for only provide rubbish thin foam ones, so i went and bought some gel ones from b and q but these are still not providing sufficient support.

suggestions would be great :)

I was going to recommend gel ones but you don't seem to think they're any good, what exactly don't you like about them?

skateboarding/paint balling type knee pads? thats what i use

the gels i have are ok but was just wondering if there was anything better or if there was a particular make of gel pads that any one would recommend

my old man who was an asphalter used to make his own out of car tyres probably why his knees are knackered now lol

I use the snickers pads in the trousers, nice and comfy and in the right place. Had a pair of Irwin gel ones that were really comfy for 15 minutes and then the fastenings would dig into the back of my knees.

i've get some strap on kneepads somewhere in the shed. same problem as others the straps dig in.

Two nappies tucked into the knee slot of your work trousers. The tabs don't slip. Plus if you use Pampers and you kneel on a wet floor, no problem.

If it's good enough for my daughters bum, it's good enough for me.

I use the irwin strap on ones but dont use the strap either leave them in the pad or cut the tabs off

Those redbacks look the business. Just ordered a pair.
Been using the snickers ones for last few years, but the foam compresses and gives less cushioning after a while, so I am buying new pair every few months.

Cheers for link Mr D.

I've been using snickers floor laying kneepads for 2 years now, same pair and still like new. You can leave them in your trousers when washed and are like kneeling on air. The best ÂŁ20 I ever spent as I spend half my time tiling floors.

Been using red backs for the last 2 months my knees feel like new. I should be on commission put all the lads onto them! Tile trader sell them sent out next day!

Quick review on the redbacks, been using them for a few days now, Not as soft as some but comfortable, I find they feel a little thick though I’m sure I’ll get used to them. It's a shame they don't make a kneeling mat also as would probably be good. 4/5 recomended

Same as you roger I've had mine about a week now , bit bulky bit heavy had to tighten the belt to hold them up. But great on the knees , see how long they last

the best knee pads are the ones the apprentice is using, saves on my own knees. Have to say this having been off work for several weeks with back/leg pain that was so acute me and the ambulance crews were on first name terms after 4 trips to A&E, and v large doses of morphine and entonox to cheer me up. Eventually after a very long needle in the hip ( they use the same needle for wide thighed woman as skinny plumbers) and yes it hurt pushing in all that cortisone, the leg no works a bit. Now after a visit to the consultant it's another smaller needle to the knee and maybe I can start installing systems again rather than only being able to repair wall mounted boilers!!!!!!!

So to all of you out there, only 52 and they knees and hips are failing badly, moral don't play rugby, avoid joining the army or navy it hurts to much, I dont think the raf do anything too strenuous though, spend to much time on the floor on your knees unless working for a living (think about that one), dont lift 2 cement bags at once, it blows your cartilage very quickly, and always have apprentice or if you cann't afford one the very best knee pads available, they are replacable your knees arent

the best knee pads are the ones the apprentice is using, saves on my own knees. Have to say this having been off work for several weeks with back/leg pain that was so acute me and the ambulance crews were on first name terms after 4 trips to A&E, and v large doses of morphine and entonox to cheer me up. Eventually after a very long needle in the hip ( they use the same needle for wide thighed woman as skinny plumbers) and yes it hurt pushing in all that cortisone, the leg no works a bit. Now after a visit to the consultant it's another smaller needle to the knee and maybe I can start installing systems again rather than only being able to repair wall mounted boilers!!!!!!!

So to all of you out there, only 52 and they knees and hips are failing badly, moral don't play rugby, avoid joining the army or navy it hurts to much, I dont think the raf do anything too strenuous though, spend to much time on the floor on your knees unless working for a living (think about that one), dont lift 2 cement bags at once, it blows your cartilage very quickly, and always have apprentice or if you cann't afford one the very best knee pads available, they are replacable your knees arent
Now we know why you have started posting on here !!! & why name is lame. LOL

If anyone wants a chance of winning a pair of Redbacks and you are a member of the Tiling forums then head over and join in.....no swearing or abuse please
[DLMURL="http://www.tilersforums.co.uk/tiling-tools/67381-game-3-free-redback-knee-pads.html"]Game 3 Free Redback Knee pads | Tiling Forum | Tilers Forum[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can second the Redbacks. They don't look like they will be comfortable at all but they are, and good support. I've dislocated my knee before, so don't really like kneeling on it at all but with these it is fine. They are a little on the heavy side i suppose

I can't wait to get me some floorlayer trousers and pads

Snickers floor layers rip like a paper bag. Knee pads are brilliant but the pants ur supposed to buy cost a bomb and rip really easy. The rip stop just means instead of a flap you end up with a silt from arse to ankle.

Snickers floor layers rip like a paper bag. Knee pads are brilliant but the pants ur supposed to buy cost a bomb and rip really easy. The rip stop just means instead of a flap you end up with a silt from arse to ankle.

Rubbish
wear them all time and best by far

Small tear caused by a boiler casing when removing old boiler last week. I bought 2 pairs about July 13. Last pair now in need of repair. The old heavy gauge ones are much better but now buying Strauss direct pants and snickers knee pads.
ehy4u6aj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock