Search the forum,

Discuss Best inline filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
There are that many to choose from, was wondering what you guys tend to fit/recommend?

Think he may mean a water purifier filter not a c/h filter

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No, I meant a c/h filter. Heard good reports about the Spirotech but Grahams have just started doing an Altech one

Tf1 all the way. Love em :)

the new sentinel one looks good

[video=youtube;wfIccY2hMu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wfIccY2hMu4[/video]

Filters magnetic or otherwise are only part of the story. Central heating water condition is more important.

The correct dose of inhibitor is vital (if only to satisfy the boiler manufacturers condition and not invalidate the warrantee)
There is a lot of non magnetic debris in a heating system so a magnetic filter will not pick up the non ferrous. The ferrous stuff is heavier than water anyway so maybe a gravity filter is best ? We hear of boiler warrabty call outs where the company engineer simply tests the water condition at a rad point 1st and if it does not comply declares the warranty invalid !

Studies have shown that the worst time for debris is immediately after system completion due to inadequate/poor
flushing. We got this from a real techky guy at a major boiler manufacturer.

centralheatking

Filters magnetic or otherwise are only part of the story. Central heating water condition is more important.

There is a lot of non magnetic debris in a heating system so a magnetic filter will not pick up the non ferrous. The ferrous stuff is heavier than water anyway so maybe a gravity filter is best ?
centralheatking

Tf1 amongst others gets rid of non magnetic debris also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best inline filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock