Discuss Best inline filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
There are that many to choose from, was wondering what you guys tend to fit/recommend?

Think he may mean a water purifier filter not a c/h filter

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No, I meant a c/h filter. Heard good reports about the Spirotech but Grahams have just started doing an Altech one

Tf1 all the way. Love em :)

the new sentinel one looks good

[video=youtube;wfIccY2hMu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wfIccY2hMu4[/video]

Filters magnetic or otherwise are only part of the story. Central heating water condition is more important.

The correct dose of inhibitor is vital (if only to satisfy the boiler manufacturers condition and not invalidate the warrantee)
There is a lot of non magnetic debris in a heating system so a magnetic filter will not pick up the non ferrous. The ferrous stuff is heavier than water anyway so maybe a gravity filter is best ? We hear of boiler warrabty call outs where the company engineer simply tests the water condition at a rad point 1st and if it does not comply declares the warranty invalid !

Studies have shown that the worst time for debris is immediately after system completion due to inadequate/poor
flushing. We got this from a real techky guy at a major boiler manufacturer.

centralheatking

Filters magnetic or otherwise are only part of the story. Central heating water condition is more important.

There is a lot of non magnetic debris in a heating system so a magnetic filter will not pick up the non ferrous. The ferrous stuff is heavier than water anyway so maybe a gravity filter is best ?
centralheatking

Tf1 amongst others gets rid of non magnetic debris also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best inline filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I saw on a plumerparts posts comments that the gas engineer always used an inline filter on the gas line to the boiler due to debris. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a worcester 22mm greenstar magnetic filter. The screw lid is seized on and I mean really tight, not sure how this has happened as...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and...
Replies
Views
M
I have repeatedly low water pressure from my taps and shower - but only on my first floor - due to having filters blocked by some substance that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock