Search the forum,

Discuss Best 28m pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

What is the best 28mm slice?

Is the monument one metal or plastic. I've got the plastic Kopex one which isn't brilliant, but not completely awful.

any metal ones until you go using them on painted pipe etc!

yep monny metal one is good

plastic rotty/ kopex one is as bad as a bag of used nappies, just like there metal slices.

Ive not had any probs with my plastic kopex it doesnt take so good a grip of the pipe right eenuf but it does the job ! just ! good hand exercise

The Milwaukee electric cutter is very good on 28mm.
Pits rubbish on 22, and even worse on 15mm

What about the battery ones do they do up to 28mm? I looked at a millwaukee one earlier on ebay ( gettin lazy in old age),

Sorry chalked same timing

I was thinkin of gettin one and millwaukee usually good brand aswell,,,, so u dont recommend chalked

It's crapolo! Get a hackzall. It gives perfect cut on steel copper and class E upto about 115mm! I use it all day long on 22, 28, 35, copper gas lines. - as no reduction on internal bore of tube. Heating I just chew or kink the pipe hammer it into the fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
had the plastic 28mm cutters and they were rubbish. they didn't last long. bought a metal monument one and they are far better quality and has lasted far longer.

I find the Milwaukee cutter great on 28, very little burr as well. For 15 and 22 it's quicker to use a normal slice.

I was going to get one but was steered toward hackzall. It does floors, tanks, plasterboard and flues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best 28m pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock