Search the forum,

Discuss Best 28m pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

What is the best 28mm slice?

Yep monument is the best, I've tried most and most a poor.

Is the monument one metal or plastic. I've got the plastic Kopex one which isn't brilliant, but not completely awful.

any metal ones until you go using them on painted pipe etc!

yep monny metal one is good

plastic rotty/ kopex one is as bad as a bag of used nappies, just like there metal slices.

Ive not had any probs with my plastic kopex it doesnt take so good a grip of the pipe right eenuf but it does the job ! just ! good hand exercise

The Milwaukee electric cutter is very good on 28mm.
Pits rubbish on 22, and even worse on 15mm

What about the battery ones do they do up to 28mm? I looked at a millwaukee one earlier on ebay ( gettin lazy in old age),

Sorry chalked same timing

I was thinkin of gettin one and millwaukee usually good brand aswell,,,, so u dont recommend chalked

It's crapolo! Get a hackzall. It gives perfect cut on steel copper and class E upto about 115mm! I use it all day long on 22, 28, 35, copper gas lines. - as no reduction on internal bore of tube. Heating I just chew or kink the pipe hammer it into the fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
had the plastic 28mm cutters and they were rubbish. they didn't last long. bought a metal monument one and they are far better quality and has lasted far longer.

I find the Milwaukee cutter great on 28, very little burr as well. For 15 and 22 it's quicker to use a normal slice.

I was going to get one but was steered toward hackzall. It does floors, tanks, plasterboard and flues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best 28m pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock