Discuss Baxi Solo WM 50/4 PF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muddy waters

Intermittent fault. Pilot lights OK but main burner doesn't always light. If I isolate the electrical supply after the fault occurs and leave for a while, then re-connect, the boiler works fine for a week or so and then the fault occurs again. Fan works fine so I'm thinking maybe air pressure switch, solenoid or maybe poor electrical connection. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks Muddy

Update

Have now checked the air pressure switch, solenoid and electrical connections which all seem OK. Also checked the gas rate which is only about half of that stated in mi's. Pilot light still lights immediately but main burner now even more reluctant to light. The only other appliance on the installation is a gas fire which is much further from the meter than the boiler and works fine. Any advice or ideas welcomed. Thanks Muddy

Update - Problem Solved

Gas valve replaced and boiler now working fine. Cheers Muddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo WM 50/4 PF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock