Discuss Baxi Main 30 HE Boiler Problem (60 degree led) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonathanNC

Hi - I am hoping someone can help with this problem I have with my boiler before I spend even more money on it!

Basically it stopped working on Monday morning, I was presented with a flashing LED below the 60 degree LED which according to the manual indicates a Faulty Pump, or low pressure. The pressure gauge was showing 1.5 bar, so we presumed the pump had failed. A new pump was purchased and installed, but made no difference. A friend checked the voltage supply on the PCB and came to the conclusion that the PCB was faulty. The PCB was subequently replaced and the boiler seemed to work (for about 8 hours!)

Now it is back to the 'flashing' LED again! - However, for some strange reason, I was checking microswitches for correct operation and whilst the boiler was turned off I pushed the pin on top of the diverter manifold down and then turned the boiler on...hey presto it started working again! Again, this worked for about 6 or so hours before stopping and the 60 degree light came back on.....Again, turn off the boiler, push the pin down on the manifold and power on...working again.

Anybody any ideas what might be causing this problem?

TIA

Jonathan

could be the diverter valve,
not the pump or the pcb or the micro-switch unless it has a leak

Hi - I am hoping someone can help with this problem I have with my boiler before I spend even more money on it!

Basically it stopped working on Monday morning, I was presented with a flashing LED below the 60 degree LED which according to the manual indicates a Faulty Pump, or low pressure. The pressure gauge was showing 1.5 bar, so we presumed the pump had failed. A new pump was purchased and installed, but made no difference. A friend checked the voltage supply on the PCB and came to the conclusion that the PCB was faulty. The PCB was subequently replaced and the boiler seemed to work (for about 8 hours!)

Now it is back to the 'flashing' LED again! - However, for some strange reason, I was checking microswitches for correct operation and whilst the boiler was turned off I pushed the pin on top of the diverter manifold down and then turned the boiler on...hey presto it started working again! Again, this worked for about 6 or so hours before stopping and the 60 degree light came back on.....Again, turn off the boiler, push the pin down on the manifold and power on...working again.

Anybody any ideas what might be causing this problem?

TIA

Jonathan
a pump ,a pcb,god knows what else,there was no reason for the pump,not sure about the pcb, but if you'd got some one in, you would not have spent as much as you have done,lesson learn't .i hope

its a very simple fault but this is what happens when diyers mess with boilers they either end up replacing half the combi or killing themselves,and before you ask jonathan there is no chance of me telling you what it is

I too can probably have a good guess at what it is and probably would have cost about ÂŁ3 for the part. Fitting it would have taken less than an hour, so would have cost less than the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Main 30 HE Boiler Problem (60 degree led) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock