Discuss Baxi combi instant expansion vessel problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Bathroom

Hi fellas, could do with a bit of tech knowledge, went to a job today , boiler leaking water , found expansion vessel had blown and rusted round seam .Took boiler off wall and removed vessel. Found it had two ports on it ,both 3/4 . Tried to get through to Baxi tech help to no avail. Capped off pipes and fitted a remote new vessel to return pipework. Boiler fine but cuts out when dhw on , should i have or can i put a link in where original vessel was or can i only fit manufactures vessel? Many thanks in advance and hope this makes sense, would have left vessel in ,but was leaking like a sieve.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

pm me or redsaw your gsr details answer a few trade questions you can then ask this in the gsr only forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi combi instant expansion vessel problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Back