Search the forum,

Discuss Bathstore wall hung WC - any tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pipedream

Hi

About to install my first wall hung WCs, the customer has bought them from Bathstore.

I have had a look at the frames and they look fairly straight forward.

They are to be installed inside box work which will be tiled.

Does anyone have any experience with the Bathstore wall hung WCs and any tips ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Make sure u get a good fixing to the wall is the best tip dont want your customer riping it off the wall, and take a section of floor up and put 4x2 noggins between joists for the floor anchor bolts

If you are bolting the brackets into a good solid wall then its pretty simple. If on the other hand you've got to fix to something like lightweight blocks (thermolite ) or crumbling old brickwork it can be a nightmare.
If the wall is bad then try fixing a length of timber , say 6x2, to the wall with lots of screws/bolts and adhesive and then fix the frame to that.
Just think about the size of some people and dont skimp on the fixings !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathstore wall hung WC - any tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is a follow-up to this post: Fit wall-hung toilet to inside stud wall? - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/fit-wall-hung-toilet-to-inside-stud-wall.127877/. I'd like to fit a cistern into a stud wall, which is 100mm wide. Typically, the dimensions of the toilet fixing...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the chances/challenges of switching this round, i.e., fitting the toilet to the inside wall? Here's what I mean: So toilet would be hung from the stud wall, with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock