Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom tap question! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm sure the answer is simple but...my bathroom tap needs turned off very tight in order to stop it dripping, see photo, I assume there is a screw under the top 'dome' cover but how to get this cover off? I've tried to turn it and to pry it off but it (both of them) are solid. Thanks. Photo won't load, it's chrome taps with a chrome 'domes'.

Reply to Bathroom tap question! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if the turn the tap fully on the noise stops. I have replaced the flexible hoses to both taps and fitted in-line isolation valves. The noise is now...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from running. This valve does seem very stiff. I am assuming I have to turn the value clockwise since if I turn it anti-clockwise it actually starts dripping...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock