Discuss Bath/shower mixer leaking from tail. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody ever come across a bath/shower mixer which leaks from the tails? By this I do not mean where the tap connector screws on to the tail, but actually where the tail fits into the body of the mixer. This mixer in question is only a couple of years old. Views, anyone? :confused:

No, not of this particular mixer but this is the model. I was not aware that the tails themselves could be tightened or loosened as I thought their fitting was done as part of the manufacturing process. Can they be repaired or should they be returned given their age?

do you mean the screw thread

If so im sure you can see a hex shaped for an allen key on some but others are formed as part of the casting and poor casting can have a pin hole that is plated over and so survives at low pressure for some time

Give the manufacturer a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath/shower mixer leaking from tail. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi I have a monobloc mixer tap which is 18mths old. a leak appeared underneath in the cupboard which looked to be coming from the flexi tail M8...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock