Search the forum,

Discuss Bath & Shower Mixer... Broken?? Ideal Standard Bath & Shower Mixer (E0305AA) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaypema

Hi All,
I have an Ideal Standard Bath & Shower Mixer (E0305AA) which has a pressure driven "plunger". Once lifted the water comes out of the shower, rather than the bath tap.

Once the shower is working, to make the water flow through the bath tap, you simply stop the water, and the pressure drops the "plunger" down.

Unfortunately, (during an early morning!), whilst the water was flowing through the shower I pushed the "plunger" down instead of allowing the pressure to revert the flow to the bath tap. Now I am unable to change the flow of the water (from Bath to Shower). The "plunger" lifts, but nothing happens (and it drops again).

I can't seem to be able to actually take the unit apart and get in there, to see if the plunger rod is bent/ repairable.

I'm looking for a bit of advice: Does this mean I should simply remove and replace - or can I get in there and fix the problem? Or do I need a trained Plumber?

Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Jay :(

probably pushed the seal off the jumper, your choice do i try it myself with the wrong tools scratching all my nice chrome or do i let the plumber score my nice chrome with his set of wrenches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath & Shower Mixer... Broken?? Ideal Standard Bath & Shower Mixer (E0305AA) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock