Search the forum,

Discuss Bath \ Shower Diverter Lever Leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've just renewed most of the washers in my mixer but remain with a leak from the lever that diverts the water to the shower head. Does anyone know how these come off (if at all)? I can't see any screws or alan key slot and i've tried turning but it seems hard and I don't want to break if I can avoid
Thanks in advance!
13612253_10208431509479510_662834397312590120_n.jpg

Looks an old unit, any idea what make it is ? some of these were pressed in and cant be striped down, but possible that the leaver will unscrew , may be Left hand thread , anything at rear of tap ?

Looks an old unit, any idea what make it is ? some of these were pressed in and cant be striped down, but possible that the leaver will unscrew , may be Left hand thread , anything at rear of tap ?
Hi, and thanks for the reply!
It is an older unit though unfortunately no idea of make. As for unscrewing there is some play both ways, but i've been uneasy using a wrench incase of it snapping. Can't seen any screws behind any of the taps, just the usuals on front to remove the spindles.
Here's another pic
13592837_10208431509399508_3116709603092514249_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, and thanks for the reply!
It is an older unit though unfortunately no idea of make. As for unscrewing there is some play both ways, but i've been uneasy using a wrench incase of it snapping. Can't seen any screws behind any of the taps, just the usuals on front to remove the spindles.
Here's another pic
View attachment 26671

That looks like Pegler Taps and Proberly are if they have lasted that length of time and good quality chrome, You could try contacting Pegler send them a photo they may B able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath \ Shower Diverter Lever Leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm and the brass (colonial) piece, exposing the plastic diverter valve. Unfortunately, I am stumped as to how to get access to the diverter valve, as the...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock