Discuss Banging pipes problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't turn the stopcock down! That doesn't usually work and often causes hammer from that stopcock as well as obviously reducing flow. The pressure remains the same.
That is incorrect about it being difficult to purchase equilibrium valves here in UK. No bother getting them. Need to make sure any valve has a brass tail.

Don't turn the stopcock down! That doesn't usually work and often causes hammer from that stopcock as well as obviously reducing flow. The pressure remains the same.
That is incorrect about it being difficult to purchase equilibrium valves here in UK. No bother getting them. Need to make sure any valve has a brass tail.
i did try turning it down but it made no difference so i returned it to normal.
i just find t weird that we hear banging in others house but no in our own.

Yes the jumper can become detached and bang when water is turned on and off cheers kop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Banging pipes problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've had an on going issue for over a year now and can't seem to get an answer. Hopefully can get some more information from the forum. If I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the...
Replies
Views
Back