Search the forum,

Discuss Banging Noise and whining noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my sink, but happens when no water is running. I think it could be when my neighbour is either running water or maybe using a washing machine. House is an old 100 year old terraced house. Anyone any ideas on what it could be and if there is something I can do for it? Thanks in advance for any advice. Two videos attached. One for banging and one for the whining.

Attachments

• 20230705_210957.mp4
    62.8 MB
  • 20230704_175947.mp4
    51.6 MB
Last edited:
try opening your stop tap fully, then turn it back one turn only
Hi cjg. I am still getting the high pitched whining noise tonight. When it does it you can feel the stop tap vibrating. I believe it is when a neighbour is using their water? Is there anything I can do on my end / get installed or is it a matter of trying to speak to the neighbour? What would I say to them. Same thing about the stop tap? I haven't heard the loud bangs so far tonight or at least not to the degree in the video I posted. But not sure if that is only if they are using a certain appliance. I will see for the rest of the week on that one. Thanks in advance.

Reply to Banging Noise and whining noise in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock