Search the forum,

Discuss Water pipe running / noise issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've had an on going issue for over a year now and can't seem to get an answer. Hopefully can get some more information from the forum.

If I use the cold or hot water taps in my kitchen or bathroom, 10, 20, maybe 30 mins later it sounds as if the pipes have water running through them, as if something is filling up, once stoped I hear a banging sound in the pipe.

Don't seem to have any leaks from pipe work, clips have been added to pipes to see if that was the issue.

The main water pipe from the stopcock comes from my kitchen up to the bathroom above and that is where I hear the noise. I've had a new stopcock fitted as the old one seized but that hasn't sorted the issue. Had a shock arrestor fitted to the boiler which kind of helped but now can hear the pipe banging again.

Could this be a water supply issue? I have a communal stop tap outside shared with a neighbour.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you have water a storage tank in the loft then it could quite possibly be that what's filling when you use hot water, often the cold water supply is connected to the tank for filling toilet cisterns and baths and showers and replenishing your hot water tank the banging sound is as the ball valve shuts off ? Kop

If you have water a storage tank in the loft then it could quite possibly be that what's filling when you use hot water, often the cold water supply is connected to the tank for filling toilet cisterns and baths and showers and replenishing your hot water tank the banging sound is as the ball valve shuts off ? Kop
Hi Kop, thanks for the reply. No water storage tank in the loft though. Just a combi boiler down stairs and then the mains water pipe that comes in from the kitchen upto the bathroom.

Had plumbers come check the toilet and that seems fine.

Just seems to be after when the hot and cold water taps have been used, either in bathroom or kitchen.

Reply to Water pipe running / noise issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock