Discuss Banging noise from taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could be the cause of a plumbing problem as follows in a house, the pipes bang when any tap is turned on. However when the mixer mixer shower in the bathroom is isolated by two iso valves. There is no banging from any taps. If I turn the iso valves back on nothing bangs but then when turn the shower on I get a banging noise from every tap. Any ideas what could be causing this?

What could be the cause of a plumbing problem as follows in a house, the pipes bang when any tap is turned on. However when the mixer mixer shower in the bathroom is isolated by two iso valves. There is no banging from any taps. If I turn the iso valves back on nothing bangs but then when turn the shower on I get a banging noise from every tap. Any ideas what could be causing this?

water hammer causes by no clips on pipes

Thanks why would it stop when the shower is isolated though?

maybe the shower pipes are loose and its travelling through the other pipes (do you have a pump on the shower ? )

Have you tried just turning one valve on? It maybe a jumper in a tap somewhere is jumping with a bit of uneven pressure. Or as above unclipped pipe. Look forward to how you fix the problem. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Banging noise from taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock