Search the forum,

Discuss Ariston Microgenus 23 MFFI - radiators not heating up although DHW OK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ukhunzaiq

I'm new to this forum, apologies in advance for not specifying or referring to plumbing terms correctly !

I've got an Ariston Microgenus 23 MFFI gas combi boiler. Over the last couple of days it's developed a fault.
Fault - when I try and turn my heating on (by setting the room thermostat to say 21c) the boiler fires up and seems to be doing it's job.
After 30 seconds or so it stops. And that's it. No error/warning lights, nothing. During the 30s its working the temp dial (series of lights on
the front of the boiler rapidly go up from 20 to 70c). The radiators (obviously !) do not get hot although the pipes going to all the rads are warm.
It's as if the boiler is doing some sort of safety shutdown or something. On the flip side, water from taps is fine and warm when you open the taps.
I tried speaking to Ariston tech support today and the chap 'reluctanty' told me to have a look at the diverter valve (even though I said that this had been replaced a
couple of years ago).
Anyway I thought I'd post this up in the hope that one you guys/girls may have encountered something similar and found any type of fix/soultion.
Many thanks in advance.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston Microgenus 23 MFFI - radiators not heating up although DHW OK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently that when the CH has been turned off that a couple of the rads closest to the boiler were slightly warm. When the boiler had demand to heat the DHW I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so I'd really appreciate some advice. We've recently moved into a new place that has the hot water and central heating powered by a stove in the lounge...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm looking at installing a new central heating system with UHF on the ground floor and normal rads on the 1st Floor. The design was initially to have at its heart an Ideal System Boiler and a Telford Tempest 500l Indirect Cylinder but I'm considering changing/modifying this design to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock