Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Aqualisa grey cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got called to an old style aqualisa shower dripping... Changed the grey cartridge & the little fiddily o ring in the housing as that is what they always recommend for any temperature or dripping issues... Got called back to say it's still dripping??

Aqualisa have sent another new cartridge as the first could have been faulty but I'm guessing it's unlikely? Any other ideas what could cause it to still be dripping?

Is shower on Low or High pressure system ?? thought the grey was for low, maybe supply to shower has been changed

It's on a mains pressure system & the grey one is the correct one apparently & a same as that's been in there for 15 odd years

Give the four set screws which secure the cartridge to the body a check. I've had these where the brass insert in the plastic body is loose, so although the cartridge seems tight, it isn't really solid.

Proper cure is to replace entire shower valve. Cheap and semi-permanent cure is to remove brass insert, coat with Araldite classic, re-insert without getting any in the threads, wait 24 hours and re-try.

I had same problem and replaced that fiddly o-ring again when the cartridge arrived and it cured it.

Had the same thing makers even came out after i fitted new one, makers fitted new one same thing in the end new housing fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa grey cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Aqualisa Midas thermostatic shower that has a very stiff temperature control. I have taken off the control knob and unscrewed the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
Hi - I want to replace Aqualisa power shower to mixer shower to a std. mixer shower, however, the centres for the hot and cold are only 65mm. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock