Discuss Apologies in advance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

I'm off the **** and on the vape stick. I've been creeping towards 30 **** a day so felt I needed a change. But I'm gonna be one grumpy git for a while.

To be fair this vape thing is great and bubblegum flavour for the evenings!

Was on 30/40 a day 3 and 1/2 years ago customer came back from Dubai gave me 1000 benson as a thanks , smoked them all then when I'd finished them a month later went into a paper shop after not paying for **** for a month, asked the guy for 20 benson, he said ÂŁ7.40 ish I said hoooow much!? He said ÂŁ7.40ish I said it's ok leave and that was it! I realised I wasting waaaay too much money on this **** went cold turkey and haven't smoked since. It's a nice holiday every year!

Sorry. I gave up about 2 years ago. Just remembering it. Smoking is horrible when you don't do it any more. Just do something to take your mind off it!

Never been fussed for the first one. Don't usually get serious cravings till lunchtime.

It's on the drink when I really struggle

Never been fussed for the first one. Don't usually get serious cravings till lunchtime.

It's on the drink when I really struggle

I'm not too fussed about the first one of the day either, my favourite one is on the way home when I've finished work with the windows down and the music blasting :)

fairplay for giving up though, I wish I'd stayed off them :)

all the best.

I've quit before and buckled. Don't want my little one growing up seeing her daddy smoking (although at present she never has).

I just need to get to that place where I smell the fumes and feel disgusted not envious lol

I've quit before and buckled. Don't want my little one growing up seeing her daddy smoking (although at present she never has).

I just need to get to that place where I smell the fumes and feel disgusted not envious lol

When you buy each cigarette dip the ends in the toilet after you have done a particularly nasty number 2. I bet that stops you smoking them!!

I only ever smoked cigars and that was while drinking.

I've two nice fat cubans in the fridge waiting for the next bbq. Once they're gone that'll be it.

The stepdaughter smokes and the smell on her just after she's smoked one is diabolical.

Had a lad who was forever trying to give up but failing after a few days.

My grandad had just died of lung cancer the night before, he did his famous "after this *** ill stop"

ill tempered me poked said *** into his mouth.
Cured him for quite a while that did.

i hate seeing people smoke, i really do.

we are all seeing our loved ones die as a result of it now even with modern medicine
yet the younger generations armed with the full knowledge of what it does continue to smoke.
its a waste.

good luck both of you on giving up!

Blimey ray thought u was only 25!

I've been flogging crappers to ungrateful turd-wranglers for more than 25 years Guy. And rumour has it that I once had a childhood, although that hasn't been attested to by reliable witnesses.

I had heard rumours you were such a hard case business Man U started plumbcenter off just to make your teens interesting and to ensure your successors had a busy week?

I had heard rumours you were such a hard case business Man U started plumbcenter off just to make your teens interesting and to ensure your successors had a busy week?

Back in my teens, Plumbcentre was called OBC. :)

I quit because I couldn't think about not being there for my son!

You big softie ;)
Wish both you guys the best, the first 2-4 weeks are the worst but it gets easier after that.
I'm 6 months in now and have tried a few draws of a *** when pished and it was horrible, so much so it made me wonder why I did it for 20 years :lol:

Good luck both of you. When I gave up I put the price of a box of 20 in a jar, every single day, just as if I was buying them. Seeing the cash pile up kept the motivation going.

Remember you're only human. If you do give in and have a sneaky one don't admit defeat. Brush yourself off and keep going. Addiction is a hard thing to overcome.

Can recommend Alan Carrs Easy Way to Stop Smoking. It's a book. My dad smoked from the age of 10 to the age of 40. Heavily. Smoking ban came in and he was so annoyed he couldn't have a *** with his beer he decided to quit. He read this book, hasn't touched one since. Worth a try.
Good luck lads, I quit when found out misses was pregnant after 12 years of smoking, I find the hardest thing isn't the addiction to the drug, it's the routine. Your morning ***, *** after dinner, *** with the paper, or in your case APP a *** with your cherryade. If you can break the habit you'll nail it. If you was that addicted you'd wake up every few hours for a smoke, I know skag heads do when they need a fix.

I've never had a routine really, my parents and my missus don't like me smoking, so I'd often go a long time without when they're around.

I never smoked in the house, always go outside and am continuing to do so with the vape stick.

I've never been a heavy smoker, I probably went through a 12.5g pouch every 3/4 days, as I say, social smoking and drinking is my worst, but most of my friends have quit now too, so i can't even use that excuse.

just think on before using patches or electronic ****, its just the tobacco industries way of keeping you hooked on nicotine. Cold turkey is the only way, same as alcohol addiction, unless u stop totally, your still hooked omho and I smoked around 30-40 a day before quitting, just got stupidly expensive. The worst thing is getting a smokers cough that is worse than ever as your lungs get clean again

I only remember cadets from that list, orange and brown colour scheme?

There was a Labones down here. I think it was Heatec Labone. And Travis Perkins was Travis and Arnold, and Sandal Perkins - two completely different firms.

I just realised that I can remember Mira's technical support number from 1986. How sad is that. I wonder if it still works.

I just realised that I can remember Mira's technical support number from 1986. How sad is that. I wonder if it still works.

Yep - I googled it an it is still registered to Mira. Mind you, they have changed hands about 3 or 4 times since then. I think Walker Crossweller owned them.

Oh god, I'm rambling like the old feller in the corner of the pub. Help. Nurse. NURSE!

Day 1 ... Still *** free. Feel cack tho.

p.s ray if there's ever a pub quiz at the local I'll be ringing you!

Day 1 ... Still *** free.

Thats all it takes Adam. Just one day at a time, not lighting up. Now just commit to doing one more day.

The cack feeling subsides after about 3 or 4 days. After that, its just forming new habits.

I quit last summer after 17 years, the '10 motives' menthol e cigs are actually more enjoyable than the real thing but damn expensive.

I'm currently addicted to Niquittin mints but weening myself off them. When I see people smoking now I just think yuck!

I've used the vape thing twice today, if I keep going at this rate it'll not be long before I only use it on nights out etc.

I still use quit counter now updating the cost of **** at todays prices - was 40 a day - have no urge to smoke again ever but the money involved works out at a good holiday a year or a bloody amazing one every three !

"Chris - Free and Healing for Eight Years, Five Months, 8 Hours and 43 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 426 Days and 20 Hours, by avoiding the use of 122935 **** that would have cost me ÂŁ57,340.89."

I did quit one day at a time as the thought, back then, of the rest of my life without a *** was just too scary. Try and avoid replacements as they are just a way of keeping you hooked in a " safer " way. As Ray says after 3 or 4 days in without nicotine it gets easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apologies in advance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
C
Hello all, I'm preparing an estimate for a bathroom renovation in a block of flats. As always I'm trying to flag up / plan for and cost as many...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock