Search the forum,

Discuss Apollo 15/30b and myson fanfare same? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Timo1

Hello all,

I am a regular member of the electricians forum and just wondered if I could ask a quick question. Situation is my Apollo 30/15b boiler has been inspected by bg and told not to use as the burner is leaking and the casing is getting burnt ( forgive the non technical wording, this came third hand from my wife)

They will kindly fit a new boiler for around 4k which I m sus about as every year for the last 5 they have told us to replace the boiler as its old. And I've yet to see a new boiler perform like our old gent.

Will parts from a myson fanfare 30/15 s fit my boiler? I ask as I can't source a burner for mine but the fanfare I can. I'm not going anywhere near the boiler I can assure you, and have no problems paying someone a good rate for fitting the part, but don't want to spend serious money as I intend to sell soon.

If this is stupid question then I am prepared to take the flak and then run back to fellow sparkles lol

Your boiler has had it's day. I'm surprised it's lasted this long. Get a price from a couple of independent engineers, I doubt it will be anything like the BG price.

Hello all,

I am a regular member of the electricians forum and just wondered if I could ask a quick question. Situation is my Apollo 30/15b boiler has been inspected by bg and told not to use as the burner is leaking and the casing is getting burnt ( forgive the non technical wording, this came third hand from my wife)

They will kindly fit a new boiler for around 4k which I m sus about as every year for the last 5 they have told us to replace the boiler as its old. And I've yet to see a new boiler perform like our old gent.

Will parts from a myson fanfare 30/15 s fit my boiler? I ask as I can't source a burner for mine but the fanfare I can. I'm not going anywhere near the boiler I can assure you, and have no problems paying someone a good rate for fitting the part, but don't want to spend serious money as I intend to sell soon.

If this is stupid question then I am prepared to take the flak and then run back to fellow sparkles lol

Well a BF is a natural draught balanced flued appliance, which is quite different from a fan flued appliance, so my guess is they'll not have the same parts.
I think you may need to bite the bullet & get a new boiler.
One point though, if you are on family income support or tax credits you could qualify for a free boiler on the affordable warmth scheme or ECO.
HTH

Ok message recieved. I'll get someone local to have a look. Thanks for taking the time to reply much appreciated. Its a bit sad that I feel like I needed a second opinion other than BG, but I have found some of their working practices and suggestions re electrical installations a bit too sales driven to be totally independant.

many thanks again.

Tim

Post your job in the looking for section of this forum.

Done well that boiler has to last this long.

Agree with the bg sales driven techniques

I have fond memories of the apollo....... *sigh* lovely boiler IMHO :) However replacing it with a 12/15kW equivalent should be around half what you've been quoted :) I'd also question the engineers diagnosis TBH .. usually a good clean of the heatexchanger cures the 'scorching' ... Poor servicing to blame alas!! IMHO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apollo 15/30b and myson fanfare same? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Am trying to understand my mother's Apollo boiler. It has an intermittent fault. In the last couple of years, it has had a new thermocouple, a new "low" stat, and a new pump over-run switch. The RGI was not throwing parts at it, and the replacement of these has solved some problems: I...
Replies
Views
Hello, This is my first time posting as I'm a new member so apologies in advance if this has been covered before. I have recently done a landlords gas check at a property with only 1 gas appliance (heat only boiler) and ended up condemning it as it was ID for many reasons. The landlord asked...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a British Gas 330+ Heat only boiler and it displayed an F25 error (lack of water iirc) on Sunday. I read the manual and bled the radiators (1 rad had quite a bit of air) and topped the system up a little and sure enough I could then hear water flowing back into the boiler. I...
Replies
Views
I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard where the soil pipe runs through each of the 4 floors on my side of the building. Within this cupboard there is a T junction taking the bath and kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hello, from South Devon. Firstly - I'm not a Gas Safe RGI. I'm considering my options to replace a 23 year old |Ideal Classic FanFare 50,000 kw open vent boiler which works OK but could well terminally fail and I want to be prepared (I'm thinking another fan, gas valve or PCB would be the last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock