Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Anyone heard of these or know anything about them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colchesterplumb

I received an email from someone working for this company, stating that if I was to apply for a non-refundable grant of up to £5000 I have a 46% chance of getting it. I am basically trying to find out if the company it legit and not trying to gain details from me for a use I dont even want to think of.

UK Grants | moving british business online

Thanks

Nick

p.s

the thing about it that sounds fishy to me is that it is about a grant for advertising online.....well where did they get my number from? ...online!

sounds like they are fishing for the gullible to me!

I started to type the name into my google search box, and the suggestion came up with a couple of variants of Ukgrants and spam.

Guys dont! They want money from you. Here is what is on their website:

Grants are only allocated to companies who are prepared to invest themselves and businesses will be asked to contribute a percentage with the funding usually financing up to 75% of the total cost.
You will be awarded up to £5000 at a maximum of 75% coverage.
E.g – If you are awarded a grant of £1000 at 75% coverage then you can actually receive a £1000 marketing package and the grant will contribute £750 of that. You will be asked to contribute the remaining amount.

I was approached my mbbo grants a couple of weeks ago and actually just joined this forum because I came across it while searching on google to see if they are legit. I am pretty sceptical as they came back with a decision of acceptance really quickly but I am following it through as they have assured me that there are no fees, plus they havent got any of my bank details etc so I suppose im not really at risk. Anyway I have been placed with one of their approved companies and am dealing with them now. They seem ok and I have just had a quote for a website and some other marketing ideas they suggested which all seem quite good. I have checked with other companies online and the quotes seem fairly competitive and they tell me that I only have to pay 30% of the cost which would actually work out really cheap for what I get. They also sent me a list today of companies i could call who have also had the grant etc and had work done by them. I havent called any of them yet but I will tomorrow, I just wanted to see if anybody had actually gone the whole way through and actually purchased using the grant I just dont want to pay my part and then there be other costs involved as we go forward... i am certainly still unsure, ill keep you guys updated when i call the list of companies they gave me tomorrow. i would like this to all be true but as they say if it seems to good!

Don't do it sandy.p.m me and ill tell you how the scam works

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I got one too, obviously a scam offered me £4300. but i have to put up 30%.. If it sounds too good to be true..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone heard of these or know anything about them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock