Discuss Anyone got any subcontracting tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nihcolas

I am looking to subcontract out work.

I currently am involved with my father but things aren't working out well for me. I have managed to generate about 70k's worth of work without much effort this year and unfortunately i'm being ripped off by my dad.

I know a couple of good plumbers already who can't get much work themselves, and they are gas safe registered and trustworthy.

Can anyone give me advice? Has anyone got a decent place to locate some terms and conditions for sub contracting etc.

Thanks.

Obviously you'll need to contact the Inland Revenue and they'll help set up the tax aspect. As to all things business wise and about running any business, contact your local Business Gateway who will give you all the help and free advice you'll need.

If you're asking people to sign a legally binding contract, then the services of a solicitor may be required as will the drawing up of terms and conditions of employment.

If you're taking on unemployed tradesmen and there are a lot of good ones out there who are on the unemployment register through no fault of their own, you could qualify for financial help and/or have a percentage of their salaries paid for you. Contact your local Job Centre Plus for this.

Sorry to hear about your dad, but friends and family rarely make good business partners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm ripped off by relatives, good at pitching for and winning business, all you need now is a moody spanish GF and we could form a support group :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone got any subcontracting tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I am looking for an experienced Plumbing and Gas Engineer who would be willing to partner to build a team of subcontactors (10 in the...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
General question to canvas some professional views please: Is it normal for a properly operating sealed system to lose pressure and need...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock